In the Butcher's Shop. In 1935 Mr J. H. Thomas, an Old Scholar, set up the D. J. Thomas Memorial Fund to provide a model butchery next to the boys' house kitchens plus funds to support any Old Scholar to establish themselves in the food trade. Mr J. H. Thomas is seen here at the back of the group with an instructor. Now that there is no longer any residential care home for children run by Spurgeon's Child Care, the assets of the D. J. Thomas Fund are used to fund Spurgeon's Child Care's overseas projects. Original image and copyright held by Spurgeon's Child Care Trust.Ref: IV/243/1-6, SPd 3526
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.