Stockwell Orphanage was built on a four-acre site over a 25-year period starting in 1867. The main buildings surround an irregularly shaped, landscaped quadrangle. This photograph, taken in 1929, was shot just inside the main gate looking towards the south-east. The buildings in the background are the infirmary and the swimming baths. Photograph courtesy of The Tella Co.Ltd, 1929. Original image and copyright held by Spurgeon's Child Care Trust.
|Artist:||The Tella Co. Ltd|
#1926 - 1950 #EDUCATION #OPEN SPACES #Photograph #Spurgeon's Homes #SPURGEON- Rev.C.H. #STOCKWELL #WELFARE AND SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS