Memorial to Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-92) founder of Stockwell Orphanage in 1867. The memorial, erected in the Memorial hall in 1894, consists of a large statue flanked by reliefs in terracotta; the group was designed by George Tinworth and produced by Messrs. Doulton. The reliefs commemorate Spurgeon's founding of a Baptist Theological College, (on the left) and Stockwell Orphanage (on the right). These reliefs are to be found at Spurgeon's College, South Norwood, London, and Spurgeon's Child Care, Rushden, Northamptonshire respectively. Photograph by The Tella Co Ltd. Original image and copyright held by Spurgeon's Child Care Trust.Ref: IV/243/1-6, SPd 3508
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.