First six boys cared for by Stockwell Orphanage. On 12 August 1867, before construction at the Stockwell site began, Mrs Gilbert started caring for seven boys in her home at 35 Royal Road, Kennington Park. They were E. G. Tiddy; J. W. Dunn; J. Snook; A. W. Cook; A. J. White; R. J. Court; and E. Cook. In 1869 Mrs Gilbert became the first Matron when the first house on the Stockwell site was ready and she transferred there with the boys she was then caring for. Original image and copyright held by Spurgeon's Child Care Trust.Ref: IV/243/1-6, SPd 3518
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.