STREATHAM FIRE STATION, MITCHAM LANE, STREATHAM CENTRAL
Firemen outside the Streatham Fire Station, one of the first to be fitted with the fast system of harnessing the horses, which won them the divisional record for turning out in full harness, as seen here. The firemen had living qarters above the main hall, as well as four small cottages at the rear. The station was opened in December 1903 by the Chairman of the London County Council Fire Brigade Committee, and is now the site of the South London Islamic Centre.Ref: SP24/245/1
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.