View of Streatham High Road looking south. The Tate Library seen on the left, was one of three funded by Sir Henry Tate, the Tate & Lyle sugar magnate and philanthropist, who lived in Parkhill, Streatham. Designed by the architect who also designed the Tate Gallery, Sydney R.Smith, it was opened by Sir Lyon Playfair M.P. in April 1891. The clock, commemorating King Edward VII, was unveiled by the Mayor of Wandsworth in October 1912.Ref: SP1761
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.