Streatham Manor House, also known as Howland House. A house was first built on this site in the mid 1390s and rebuilt in 1577. By 1602 the house had become the home of the Howland family who had recently purchased the manor of Tooting Bec and Streatham. By the early part of the 18th century it had become the property of the Dukes of Bedford and in 1805 was sold to Lord Deerhurst. Subsequently the house was demolished and replaced by Coventry Hall, which was demolished during the 1980s. The site is at present covered by Albert Carr Gardens Housing Estate.Engraving by Ellis 1787.
#-Before 1850 #ANIMALS #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #Engraving #HOUSING #OPEN SPACES #STREATHAM COMMON