Gardens and Tate Library with the Brixton Theatre adjoining, now the Ritzy Cinema. In the foreground is a bust of Sir Henry Tate. The library was donated to the public by Sir Henry Tate, the sugar magnate (Tate and Lyle), and opened by the Prince of Wales in 1893. The gardens, which were used to pasture sheep until the late 1900s, were bought and donated by Lady Tate in 1905.Ref: SP406Linskey Postcard Collection
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.