The Tate Library, South Lambeth was opened by A. J. Mundella, M.P. on 1st December,1888. This library, one of three funded by Sir Henry Tate of Parkhill, Streatham, was built by architect Sidney R. Smith and builder B.E. Nightingale, costing almost Â£6,000. Some of the ornate Victorian design features have since been removed including the porch supported by caryatids. Digital image courtesy of Penelope Gretton, 2004.Ref: SPd 3956/22/160
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.