The Feathers Tavern in Waterloo Road at the foot of the bridge. The earlier tavern dating from 1760 was on this site when the area was known as Cuper's Bridge. The steps in the foreground lead down to Belvedere Road. The tavern closed in 1951 and was demolished.Pen and wash drawing by T.W.Thompson, dated 1884Ref: LP12/608/FEA.1
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.