View of The Rookery and the Long Pond on Clapham Common. John Thornton was permitted by the Vestry to build stables and cottages on the common, opposite his house in the mid-18th century. In later years these became known as The Rookery. The occupants included a veterinary surgeon, washer woman and an ale-house, however the buildings were demolished in 1904.Engraving by W.H.Urwick, dated 1873.Ref: LP22/593/COM.10
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.