Women operating high power presses in the machine shops of the Telephone Manufacturing Company's Hollingsworth Works in Martell Road, West Norwood. The works were opened in 1915 and TMC's products included telephones, switchboards, telegraph lines, electric clocks and ship's telephones. The presses shown here were used to stamp and shape sheets of metal. The building later became a depot for Lambeth Council.
|Image type:||Pen and Ink|
#1951 - 1975 #COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY #Pen and Ink #People #TRADE #WEST NORWOOD