Tomb of the John Tradescants in St Mary's Lambeth, showing the north side with ruinous buildings, shells and a crocodile. The tomb was recarved in 1853 to the original 17th century design by Mr G.P.White of Vauxhall Bridge Road at a cost of Â£110. The stone was from Darley Dale, Derbyshire and a gift of John Freeman Esq. of Millbank. The monument, originally erected in 1663, had also been restored in 1773.From a series of lithographs commissioned from Miller and Field of Bridge Road Lambeth, to mark the restoration of the tomb, and presented to each subscriber to the fund. This set was bound with the record of the subscription and deposited in the chest of Lambeth Parish in its Vestry Room by James Forbes Young, Treasurer of the fund, in 1853.Ref: P1/90/2
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to email@example.com.