Single Image Page

Single Image Page

Title

TRADESCANT’S MUSEUM CATALOGUE, SOUTH LAMBETH ROAD

Page from 'Museaum Tradescantianum, or a Collection of Rarities preserved at South-Lambeth neer London, by John Tradescant'. This was a catalogue published in 1656 for Britain's first museum open to the public, a collection begun by John Tradescant the Elder and continued by his son, also John. The page here records natural history items in the collection including their stuffed Dodo - 'Dodar, from the Island Mauritius, it not able to flie being so big'. Ref: 12/57 Res

Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to archives@lambeth.gov.uk.


Details
Collection:
Image type:Print
Artist:
Ref:11665
Original ref:12/57 RES
Date:1656

-Before 1850ENTERTAINMENTPrintSOUTH LAMBETHTRADESCANT- John the ElderTRADESCANT- John the Younger

Buy This Print

Buy This Print

Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map