Bill Wilson instructing women in the use of a blow-torch at the Beaufoy Institute, Black Prince Road, Lambeth. Bill was a teacher at St Andrew's School, Roupell Street and because of his technical qualifications in metalwork, was instructed to assist the Ministry of Labour with the training of women in general engineering practice. The course lasted 6 weeks and the women were urgently required to fill labour shortages in the munitions factories. Originally photographed for 'Good Taste' magazine.Digital image by kind permission of Bill Wilson. From the Lambeth Archives Home Front project 2005.
|Collection:||Home Front Project 2005|
#1926 - 1950 #EDUCATION #Home Front Project 2005 #LAMBETH #Photograph #WAR AND ARMED FORCES