A classroom workshops at Tulse Hill Secondary (Comprehensive) School which was built to a design by LCC chief architect J.M.Kidall. The school opened in September 1956, and at nine storeys was the largest school in London when built. It contained four lift shafts, each capable of moving a whole class from floor to floor. The school roll of 1850 boys included Ken Livingstone, the first Mayor of London. The school was closed in 1992 and the site subsequently developed for housing. Photograph dated July 1991.
|Collection:||Department of Town Planning|
#1976 to date #Department of Town Planning #EDUCATION #Photograph #TULSE HILL