Renumbering and renaming plan for Tyers Street, Vauxhall, a section was formerly Brunel Street. Subsidiary names abolished include; Brunel Place and Victoria Place. Premises include; Duke of Cornwall public house (James Duvall landlord), Royal Victoria public house (Thomas Law landlord), The Crown public house (Richard Currie landlord) and the Medical and Surgical Aid Institute run by Thomas Mines. Occupants listed include; James Knapman - a wheelwright, Emily Willmott, George Loader, Mary Greaterex, Thomas Bonner, Mary Garrard, William Crisp, James Stennett - a carman, John Breton - a baker, William Bristow, Ernest Klotzbach, William Pitt, John Tofts, John Thurlow, Mary Hiller, William Blackie, Arthur Berryman, Edward Clarke and Robert Dickens.From the Street Renumbering/ Renaming Files, dated 11th November 1881 (additional information from P.O. Directory)Ref: LBL/DCEPS/SL/1/343
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.