Single Image Page

Single Image Page

Title

WATERLOO STATION ENTRANCE, YORK ROAD, WATERLOO

The main entrance to Waterloo Station off York Road. The Coade stone lion on the right originally stood on top of the Red Lion Brewery building on the South Bank. When the brewery was demolished to make way for the Festival of Britain, the lion was placed outside the station. In 1966 it was moved to its present home on the east side of Westminster Bridge. Ref: Neg SH01Photograph by Sheridan Photos

Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to archives@lambeth.gov.uk.


Details
Collection:
Image type:Photograph
Artist:
Ref:08181
Original ref:NG SH01
Date:c.1955

1926 - 1950PhotographSTATUES AND MEMORIALSTRANSPORTWATERLOO

Buy This Print

Buy This Print

Size Price (inc VAT) Shipping UK
(6"x4" & 10"x8" £2.50)
(Other £3.99)
Worldwide
(£5.99)
6"x4" £8.75
10"x8" £15.50
16"x12" £25.00
20"x16" £31.25

Other Photos Nearby

Other Photos Near Map