The mineral wells in Valley Road contributed to the growth of Streatham Village, which expanded rapidly once the fame of the medicinal properties of its spas had spread. The Well House seen here in 1946, was part of the United Dairies, formerly Curtis Bros Dairy Farm, and mineral water was delivered along with the milk in the early 1900s. The dairy exists now as Unigate Dairies on part of the original site. The Well House still survives in the centre of a new sheltered housing complex.
|Collection:||Streatham Antiquarian Society|
#1926 - 1950 #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY #FOOD AND DRINK #Photograph #Streatham Antiquarian Society #STREATHAM CENTRAL #TRADE