Drawing showing the front elevation and a plan of the new library. This original Norwood Library was given by Frederick Nettlefold, who laid the foundation stone on 26th November 1887. Designed by the architect Sidney Smith, on 21st July 1888 it became the first free library to open in Lambeth. The library was replaced in 1969 by a new building in Norwood High Street, next to Norwood Cemetery. The Builder, 24th September 1887.Ref: SP19/940/WES.K.3
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.