Brixton Road at the junction with Loughborough Road. The Old White Horse public house is seen in the centre, now a tapas bar, the building has not changed. To its left the two residential blocks have been refurbished as apartments. The umbrella and wine shops on the right have been replaced by Max Roach Park with 1970s council terraced housing behind it, part of the Angell Town estate, which has been extended and refurbished since 2000. The church spire in the centre is St.James's Church, now converted to public housing.
#1901 - 1925 #BRIXTON NORTH #BUILDINGS / ARCHITECTURE #FOOD AND DRINK #INNS AND PUBLIC HOUSES #Photograph #ROADS AND STREETS #TRANSPORT