The Brixton Hill windmill, seen here surrounded by land that was used for digging brick earth until the 1870s. The mill was built 1816-17 and leased by John Ashby as a 'Brick corn Mill'. By 1862 the surrounding area had become too built-up for it to operate efficiently, so the sails removed and machinery was changed. It was used for storage for a short time and returned to milling from 1902 to 1934 being steam and then gas-driven, by the firm of Ashby. Ref: LP16/590/BRI.1
Copies cannot be purchased on the site as the image is copyright to a third party.
Please send enquiries about copies and use to firstname.lastname@example.org.